Trout Run, PA – One Killed in Auto Wreck on Route 14 near Field Station Rd
Trout Run, PA (September 4, 2023) – A motor vehicle collision reported on Friday in the Trout Run area claimed one man’s life.
On September 1, emergency officials were called to the site of a major crash that occurred on Route 14.
According to official reports, a car was traveling south on Route 14 when it collided with a northbound pickup truck. The vehicle then crashed into a 31-foot-long camper.
Authorities arrived at the scene and shut down a portion of the roadway near Field Station Road.
One man involved in the crash was pinned in his vehicle. Firefighters responded to the scene to remove the man. The man was unresponsive. Authorities requested an ambulance to transport the man to a landing zone for Life Flight. However, the man passed away while en route.
The incident is being investigated at this time.
We offer our sympathies to the family of the man who died in this crash.
Fatal Auto Accidents in Pennsylvania
Fatal auto accidents claim countless lives in Pennsylvania each year. Unfortunately, we see a significant number of innocent people lose their lives due to careless drivers. Leading causes of fatal crashes in our state include:
- Impaired Driving: Operating a vehicle under the influence can severely impact the driver’s reaction time, their judgment, and their coordination.
- Inadequate Vehicle Maintenance: Faulty brakes, worn tires, or malfunctioning lights can contribute to accidents by impairing a driver’s ability to control the vehicle.
- Following Too Closely (Tailgating): Insufficient following distance makes it challenging to stop in emergencies, leading to severe collisions.
- Weather Conditions: Adverse weather like rain, snow, or ice reduces road traction and visibility, increasing the risk of accidents.
Unfortunately, the vast majority of accidents that we see on our roadways are preventable. The loss of a loved one can be incredibly difficult to deal with. If you find yourself in this situation, you should immediately reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in Trout Run. Your family may be able to take legal action against the responsible party.
At Edelstein Martin & Nelson, we understand the difficulties associated with losing a loved one due to a fatal accident. Our team of experienced wrongful death attorneys is dedicated to fighting for your rights and helping your family secure maximum compensation for your lawsuit. We will do everything in our power to ensure you are able to hold the negligent party accountable for their actions. Some of the services that we will provide to you throughout the legal process include:
- Investigating the accident
- Collecting evidence
- Determining responsible parties
- Assessing damages
- Initiating the wrongful death claim
- Engaging in negotiations with insurance companies
- Providing representation in court, if required
To get started, reach out to our Pennsylvania personal injury law firm today at (215) 731-9900. We can handle your case on a contingency fee basis so that we can get started immediately and fight for justice on your behalf.