Philadelphia, PA – One Hurt in Two-Vehicle Wreck on Vine Street Expressway
Philadelphia, PA (August 25, 2023) – One person was transported to a local hospital with injuries following a car crash that occurred in the Philadelphia area.
At around 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 23, emergency officials were called to the scene of a crash in Center City.
Reports show that two vehicles collided on the Vine Street Expressway during the evening hours. The incident prompted the police and firefighters to shut down the eastbound lanes between Broad Street and 8th Street.
One person was injured in the crash and was transported to Thomas Jefferson Hospital for emergency care.
Authorities shut down the roadway until just before 11 p.m. as they worked to clear the road and investigate. These investigations are ongoing.
We hope the injured victim is able to recover quickly.
Car Accidents in Pennsylvania
Motor vehicle accidents are often devastating. Unfortunately, tens of thousands of people have their lives completely interrupted by crashes that take place here in the state of Pennsylvania. Many accidents result in serious injuries for the victims. We see countless people hospitalized with traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, and other severe injuries that require immediate and long-term medical treatment. In many cases, innocent people are harmed in crashes due to negligent motorists.
Some of the most common factors in vehicle accidents across our state include:
- Road conditions: Poor road conditions can also lead to accidents, as they can make it more difficult to control a vehicle.
- Speeding: Speeding is another major cause of car accidents, as it increases the chances of losing control of the vehicle and crashing.
- Driving under the influence: This is a major cause of accidents, as it can impair a driver’s ability to operate a vehicle safely.
- Distracted driving: This is one of the most common causes of car accidents, as people are often distracted by their phones or other things while driving.
- Weather conditions: Bad weather can make driving conditions more difficult and lead to accidents.
Following your accident, it is important that you seek the assistance of a Philadelphia car accident lawyer right away. You may be able to take legal action against the responsible party if another person’s negligence has led to your accident occurring. Following your crash, a car crash case can help you recover compensation for your medical costs, lost wages, and various other damages that you face from your accident.
If you have been injured in a car accident, the experienced attorneys at Edelstein Martin & Nelson are here to help. We understand how devastating these types of accidents can be on your health and financial well-being and will work hard to get you the compensation that you deserve. Our team is fully committed to helping you secure the maximum amount of compensation available for your lawsuit and make sure that insurance companies do not take advantage of you. To explore all your legal options, don’t hesitate to contact our law firm today at (215) 731-9900 to schedule a free consultation.