Gettysburg, PA – Pedestrian Airlifted Following Crash on N Washington St near Lincoln Ave
Gettysburg, PA (August 26, 2023) – A pedestrian accident was reported on Friday morning in Adams County that left a Gettysburg College student with severe injuries.
At around 11:00 a.m. on August 25, the police and firefighters were called to the scene of an accident on North Washington Street.
Reports from the police show that an 18-year-old female was attempting to cross the roadway in a designated crossing area located near the intersection of North Washington Street and Lincoln Avenue. For unknown reasons, a van attempted to turn at the intersection and struck the pedestrian.
The teen was severely injured as a result of the crash. The victim was transported to WellSpan Gettysburg Hospital for emergency treatment. She was then airlifted and flown to a trauma center located in York, Pennsylvania.
The incident is being investigated at this time.
We hope the injured woman is able to recover quickly.
Pedestrian Accidents in Pennsylvania
Every day, vehicle accidents take place in the state of Pennsylvania. Many of these accidents leave victims with painful physical and emotional injuries. Some of the common injuries reported in crashes include:
- Whiplash: Symptoms of this painful injury include neck pain and stiffness, chronic headaches, and severe dizziness.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): This is one of the most serious types of injuries that can occur in a car accident. These injuries can result in memory problems, problems with moods, and other serious consequences.
- Broken bones: Depending on the severity of the accident, a person can suffer from broken bones in various parts of their body. The most common areas for broken bones are the legs, arms, and ribs.
- Back injuries: These can range from mild to severe, depending on the force of the impact and where the person was sitting in the vehicle. Back injuries can cause pain, severe stiffness, and sometimes even paralysis.
- Internal bleeding: This is a serious condition that can occur if there is damage to internal organs. Internal bleeding can lead to death if not treated immediately.
Any type of motor vehicle crash injury can overwhelmingly impact your life. Unfortunately, accidents involving pedestrians often result in far more serious injuries. Many victims require surgery, hospitalization, and long-term care. Following your accident, it is important that you exercise your legal rights to get justice. You may be able to recover compensation to cover the medical costs you face and various other damages.
At Edelstein Martin & Nelson, our Pennsylvania personal injury law firm is dedicated to fighting for justice and helping victims of pedestrian accidents get the compensation they deserve. Our Gettysburg pedestrian accident lawyers understand how devastating a motor vehicle crash can be on your health and financial well-being and are passionate about making sure you receive the maximum amount of compensation available for your lawsuit. With years of experience in the field, you will have an experienced legal team that understands exactly what you are going through and knows how to navigate difficult insurance companies. Contact us today at (215) 731-9900 to schedule a free consultation and explore all of your legal options moving forward.