When One Driver Flees the Scene After Your Vehicle Accident

                By on March 5th, 2018 in Accident News

John Simko, Jr., Infant, Killed in Carbon County Accident
March 3, 2018
Penn State Bus Accident: “A Bit of a Fender Bender”
March 6, 2018

Posted on March 4, 2018

State Police in Towanda claimed that a two-vehicle accident took place in Canton Township. The Pennsylvania police claimed that a tanker truck attempted to reverse onto the highway and collided with another vehicle, someone driving a 2015 Chrysler 200. From there, the driver of the tanker truck fled the scene. What happens in cases where somebody flees the scene after an accident takes place?

Injuries in a Hit and Run Accident 

driver flees the sceneWhen a driver flees the scene of an accident, it makes things more difficult for you. The issue with these accidents is that the other driver has a blatant disregard for your safety when they decide to drive away after hitting you. This is because it is very common for injuries to result from an accident, and every driver should check to make sure that you are fine, receive medical attention, and stick around to ensure that the police clear you from the scene before you leave.

Have you been injured as the result of a hit and run and you wonder what you can do? It is considered a felony in most states when somebody decides to flee the scene and injuries result from your accident. It is impossible to make a case against somebody when you don’t know who hit you. However, if a driver is identified, you can make your claim for damages and it will usually lead to both a criminal and civil suit.

If you can figure out who the driver was based on information you have obtained such as a license plate number, witness statements, and more, you may be able to claim damages for things like medical bills relating to the case, emotional suffering, and so much more. At Edelstein Martin & Nelson, we can help you every step of the way when you have been injured in a hit and run accident. Call us today at 888-208-1810.